But it's not as much about being beautiful that this post is about. It's about having modesty and being modesty in front of your peers, fellow brothers in Christ, or even to your husband. It's about respect for yourself, your peers, your brothers & sisters in Christ, and yes your husband.
After getting past my very short time of wearing the revealing shirts, the shorty shorts, the short skirts it has always bothered me when I am out in public seeing young girls and women doing this. Girls/Ladies listen up, you can be so much more than your bodies. I know the world is telling us one thing and that thing is to be beautiful you must strut your stuff, show what you have, let it all hang out.
Charm is deceptive, and beauty is fleeting; but a woman who fears the LORD is to be praised.
Proverbs 31:30
So ladies the next time you think you have to put on that shirt or you need those shorts to make your beautiful-remember you don't. You can pick something else that's not so revealing, that will show that not only do you respect yourself more than that but you respect others more than that.
When we as women wear such clothes it cause men to sin. SIN BIG! It causes them to lust after us. And lust is defined as:
1. intense sexual desire or appetite.
2.uncontrolled or illicit sexual desire or appetite; lecherousness.
3.a passionate or overmastering desire or craving (usually followed by for ): a lust for power.
4.ardent enthusiasm; zest; relish: an enviable lust for life.
The bible says in Matthew 5:28:
But I say to you that everyone who looks at a woman with lustful intent has already committed adultery with her in his heart.
I am not writing this to condemn you if this is how you dress, because I was once one who dressed like this. I am writing this to tell you the battle that goes on in men's minds. No they may not tell you about it. But check out the video below to see it for yourself. It's a battle, a battle every single day that both christian and non-christians face. Check out the video below-it's short and will help you understand why it's important to be modest in an un-modest world.
~Momma B
No comments:
Post a Comment