Why yes-we do Santa at our house & of course we celebrate the birth of Christ at our house as well.
Is that a GASP?!?!?! I just heard from you?!?!?!
I hear all the time from other christians-we only celebrate the birth of our Lord at Christmas time. Welp that's your choice. Ours will included both.
Nick and I have decided that we both turned out okay with no real damage from having Santa come to our house every year when we were kids and we want to pass on the tradition to Levi and any other kiddos we might be blessed with.
Yes, the birth of Christ is the most important and that's the reason for CHRISTMAS. However, a little jolly from the the big man in the red suit isn't all that bad.
Nick & I, since being married have always on Christmas morning read the true story of christmas before we begin to celebrate with gifts. We plan to pass this tradition on to our little Levi (and other kiddos).
I believe that Christmas is what you make it. I believe that if you make it about Jesus, the man in the red suit, presents, parties, etc, then that's what it will be. However, I see no real issue with having a little fun around the Christmas holiday.
Santa at our house is welp none other than the man that lives in our house. I have come to LOVE the jolly man that lives at our house more and more.
Enough on what we celebrate....What are you thoughts?
~MOMMA B
Hey, I am very torn, and this year it isn't that big of a deal b/c our little one is only going to be 14 months old. My husband I and were both raised with Santa and I never thought of it long term as a lie (which I know technically it is). But it was also a coming on age thing for me, something I learned before my little brother, it made me feel older once I figured it out (price tag on Santa toy).
ReplyDeleteI love the idea of the magic that it brings....
Ashley-
ReplyDeleteDeciding to do Santa or not do Santa is something that you and your husband will have to decide on.
I will leave you with this......Jesus is the real reason for the Christmas season....however if you want to be technical about it, the birth of Christ didn't happen in December like we celebrate.
Christmas is what you make it. To me, like I said in the post....Santa is nothing more than the "MAN of our HOUSE" and I have come to love that man more and more. I see no issue with celebrating both and so that's what we do.
We prayed about, talked about, thought about it, and are completely okay with you. I pray that you will come to peace with whatever you decide.