As we look through the month of November, I am grateful for many things in my life. I posted a different thing each day of November, for the 30 days of Giving Thanks.
Today, on the last day of thanksgiving I'm grateful for doctors and the special talent the Lord gives each of them.
I didn't post about this back in September and only told a few people. In September, I went to the doctor for a terribly sharp pain in my lower left abdomen which had been occurring for several weeks. Finally, sick of it and call the doctor's office, made my appointment for the very next day, and went to it. Only to discover a cyst slightly larger than a golf ball on my left ovary. OUCH!! The doctor proceeded to tell me what the course of treatment would be....several options:
1.Let it runs it's course and see what happens
2.Give me a new medication
3.Surgery
SURGERY????? I hated the thought of surgery with a 1 year old. No picking him up, out of work, no driving....the list goes on and on.
She explained what she thought was the best option: New Medication and monitor it for 8 weeks with at least one appointment to check in on it and then a hopefully final appointment about this on November 29th (8 week mark). She explained to me all the things that could happen if the medications didn't fix the problem (I want give you all the details), but she was hopeful that the meds would work.
Well yesterday I went for my 8 week follow up appointment...the doctor invited me into her office after the sonogram was done. The sweetest words came from her mouth, "Whelp Mrs. Bates I got some GREAT news for you!!!". "The cyst has completely disappeared!". "Disappeared???"-I said. She said "yep it's gone and to be honest with you I've been in practice for many years now and I have NEVER seen a cyst to be completely on in 8weeks time. I usually still see some reminisce of it, it's gotten smaller but NEVER completely gone."
WOW-I sat there for a second in amazement of how amazing my God is.
Then I told her...."Well you don't know my God"....she said "Oh but I do and He's so good".
Wonderful news to my ears and a sweet reminder of just how AWESOME my God really is.
~Momma B.
No comments:
Post a Comment