Saturday, November 12, 2011

November 12


On November 12, 2005, I said goodbye to my former last name of "Langham" (not really it's now my middle name) to take this man's last name....
 
What an incredible journey we have been on these last 6 years. We moved into our first apartment together (November 2005)-loving our life as a newly married couple, we moved in with my in-laws-to prepare for a HUGE move (December 2007), we both graduated from Augusta State University together (Summer 2008) we moved into our second apartment together-May 2008 (5.5hrs away from our family)-for Nick to began seminary, we have experienced job changes, seminary life, in 2009 we began our first ministry at a church in NC together, we then in the Summer 2009 bought our very first house together, at the end of Feb 2010 we ended our first ministry together, and in March of 2010 we found out we were expecting our very first bundle of joy-our little monkey, in April of 2010 we began our second ministry at our current church, in May 2010-we bought our first car together (a mommy mobile), on November 5, 2010-we JOYFULLY welcomed our very first baby boy-Levi, we have experienced our first Thanksgiving as a family first of 2 & now as 3, as well as Christmas first as a family of 2 & now 3, we have celebrated birthday's together, and most recently celebrate our baby boys 1st birthday, and so much more. Just to name a few things. 

What an amazing life we have had together. Yes, we have had our ups & down-but through it all this is the man of my dreams, the man who makes me the happiest woman in the world, the man I LOVE going to sleep next to every night and waking up to every single morning. I couldn't imagine my life without him. He truly is my soul mate and the man I want to spend the rest of my life with. 

So, today, as we celebrate 6 amazing years of marriage-I am, oh so blessed, to be called by this man to be his wife. Thank you Mr. Bates for 6 amazing years of marriage (11 years total of being together) and one amazing life. I love you more today than I did when we first said "I do". You are an amazing husband!! 
Love Always, 
Haner



No comments:

Post a Comment