One year later....
- I still miss her
- I still think about her
- I still wish she were still here
- I still miss our long talks
- I still miss talking to her everyday about nothing important
- I still miss hearing her voice
- I still wish that she knew my sweet boy
- I still wish that she was apart of me
- I still HATE the fact that she's not a phone call away
- I still HATE the thought of the UGLY C word
- I still HATE that a great person had to be take because of the the C word
Dear Paulette,
I miss you more that you could ever imagine. I miss our talks, the words of wisdom you would give, the recipes you would share, the thoughtfulness that you always had, the sweet spirit you shared. I pray that you are looking down on me, watching over my sweet family, and smiling. I pray that I make you proud. I love you more that you ever will know. I know, in the beginning we didn't see eye to eye, but I grew to LOVE you more with each passing day of the almost 16 years that you and daddy were together. Thank you so much for stepping up to the plate to love this not so loveable girl, for taking time to teach me things that I probably would've never known, for always being there. You were/are an amazing person, and I pray that I can be half the person you were. Always close to my heart. I love you and miss you oh so much.Until we meet again, my sweet Paulette, Rest Well, Rest Well.
Stephanie
So, I leave you with a poem that I have shared before:
Reason, Season, Lifetime
People always come into your life for a reason, a season, or a lifetime.
When you figure out which it is, you know exactly what to do.
When someone is in your life for a REASON,
it is usually to meet a need you have expressed outwardly or inwardly.
They have come to assist you through a difficulty,
or to provide you with guidance and support,
to aid you physically, emotionally, or even spiritually.
They may seem like a godsend to you, and they are.
They are there for the reason you need them to be.
Then, without any wrong doing on your part or at an inconvenient time,
this person will say or do something to bring the relationship to an end.
Sometimes they die. Sometimes they just walk away.
Sometimes they act up or out and force you to take a stand.
What we must realize is that our need has been met, our desire fulfilled; their work is done.
The prayer you sent up has been answered and it is now time to move on.
When people come into your life for a SEASON,
it is because your turn has come to share, grow, or learn.
They may bring you an experience of peace or make you laugh.
They may teach you something you have never done.
They usually give you an unbelievable amount of joy.
Believe it! It is real! But, only for a season.
And like Spring turns to Summer and Summer to Fall,
the season eventually ends.
LIFETIME relationships teach you lifetime lessons;
those things you must build upon in order to have a solid emotional foundation.
Your job is to accept the lesson, love the person/people (anyway);
and put what you have learned to use in all other relationships and areas in your life.
It is said that love is blind but friendship is clairvoyant.
Thank you for being part of my life.
Until Next Time,
Momma B
Thank you for the precious words, Stephanie. I am sure Paulette sees what a good Mother and wife you are. My two children have a stepmother (their Dad died after being sick 29 days when they were 18 and 20)and I am a stepmother. It is a very difficult role most of the time regardless of the circumstances. Because Paulette and I talked at least weekly, if not more, I know how much she loved you and your sweet family. It still does not seem real in my heart or mind that she's not here. She is watching and smiling w/o pain and will meet us at the gate in the Lord's time. Love you,
ReplyDeleteZora Mims <3